Meet Chetan S. Patil, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Warm, caring, intelligent, and a dedicated scholar is how Dr. Chetan S. Patil is described by those who have met him. His credentials include a B.S., D.D.S., Ph.D., and board certification in periodontics. While maintaining a conservative treatment philosophy, Dr. Patil is able to perform extremely complicated procedures with expert precision and confidence. These advanced procedures include laser treatments, sinus lifts and bone grafting, implant placement, extractions, gum grafting, and gum surgery.
Dr. Patil’s passion for and focus on dentistry started at a young age. He was accepted into an accelerated program in college which allowed for completion of his Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and Doctorate of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) in only 7 years! During his dental education, he entered into an elite dual doctorate program, earning a Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph. D.) with a focus in Immunology and Molecular Biology. He has published significant articles and given presentations to his colleagues nationally. His thirst for knowledge has taken him to prestigious institutions, including University at Buffalo (SUNY), University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), and Columbia University.
His Periodontics training at Columbia University has furthered his knowledge-base in dentistry to hone his skills in surgical and non-surgical procedures with a heavy focus on esthetic and functional periodontal and implant procedures. Dr. Patil maintains academic ties with Columbia University where he is highly respected by his peers and students. He has trained dental students as well as residents in cutting-edge treatments and implant placement.
Dr. Patil’s continuing commitment to providing the most advanced and effective treatment for his patients has led Dr. Patil to receive awards for Excellence in Preventive Dentistry from Lester Schatz Memorial and for Outstanding Contribution to the Science of Dentistry through Research Activity from Omicron Kappa Upsilon Research Award. He is a member of several organizations, including The American Academy of Periodontology, The American Board of Periodontology, The American Dental Association, The Northeastern Society of Periodontists, The New Jersey Dental Association, The New York Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Patil is actively serving as a delegate and member of the board of trustees for the New Jersey Dental Association.
Dr. Patil’s wife, Pooja, is an ER Doctor at St. Peter’s University Hospital. They live in Hoboken with their beautiful son, Anik, and daughter, Svaana.
- Arlington High School, Lagrangeville, NY
- BS: Canisius College Buffalo, NY
- DDS: SUNY, Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, NY
- PhD: SUNY, Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- PhD Research Internship University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI
- Residency: Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in Periodontics: Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Board Certified: Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- Clinical Instructor, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Memberships & Honors
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Northeastern Society of Periodontology
- American & International Associations of Dental Research
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Oral Biologists Award: Oral Biology Research ‘05
- OKU Honor Society Research Award ‘05
- Lester Schatz Memorial Award: Preventive Dentistry ‘05
- Trustee of the New Jersey Dental Association.
In 2007, Dr. Patil received his doctorate in Oral Biology. His research in the areas of oral biology and immunology since 2001 has resulted in 8 publications in leading dental research & science journals to date plus lectures and presentations at regional and national meetings. Dr. Patil opened a private practice in 2008 and currently holds licenses to practice in New York and New Jersey.
“Dr. Patil and his staff could not be more professional. They take the time to talk to you and explain what will be done. I am constantly surprised at how little pain is associated with the procedures they perform.” Jack T.